Friday, June 10, 2005

Running

Last night I ran from my home to the Madrona Bathhouse and back. Yahoo says it's 2.7 miles. I was cruising along comfortably until I saw another runner, doing about my same pace, in the medium distance. Because runners are crazy this way, I upped my pace, passed him, and added to my lead. This was not particularly wise, because up until last week, I've been running 4 miles at a go, rather than nearly 5 1/2.

I was dying by the end. Completely used up. Had a cramp, no energy, I'm still sore from it, in a way I'm not often sore.

It was awesome. No running today. Tomorrow morning I'll probably do a nice and smooth 4 miler. Then probably two days off, since I'll be out of town. I'll worry about Tuesday when it comes. I will be due for a hill run...

No comments: