Friday, May 13, 2005

Supply Survey

A few days ago I used surveymonkey.com to create and distribute a survey among nurses about what supplies they use on a regular basis.

Since I used the free version I couldn't use the web site to do much crunching. I invited 30 people to take the survey, 9 responded. I suppose that from a market research perspective, that's a good percentage, but I was hoping for more. We have a total of 15 different clinics who use this space, so I got less than one response per service.

Any item used 'frequently' by any respondent will continue to be stocked in exam rooms.

'Sometimes' is defined as 1-3 times per week. That's pretty often, so I'm inclined to stock those items in exam rooms as well. At a minimum they need to be readily available. I also need to factor in how many (or what percentage) use them that often.

The surveymonkey report generates a number per item. As I set it up, the lower the number, the more frequently the item is used.

I should probably send the survey to physicians as well.

No comments: