Friday, February 20, 2009

I’m Still in Love with President Obama

Content: So far, President Obama is running the perfect presidency. He made genuine, good faith efforts to involve the Republican party in the stimulus package, he has initiated plans to close Guantanamo and immediately put a halt to the prosecutions happening there , he is allowing us to see where our billions will go through unheard of transparency . There have been a few missteps, notably with some of his cabinet choices, but what manager hasn’t made a bad hire or two in his time? He has even put a stop to the traditional sketchy accounting practices that have made the deficient appear smaller.

I even like that he holds (so far) regular cocktail gatherings at the White House. This is my president.

I’m still worried, mind you. Unemployment continues to grow, Washington State has a large budget deficit, transit is threatened, Afghanistan is still in deep trouble (and if the fragile situation in Iraq regresses… but let’s hope the positive trends there continue) and North Korea has plans to test rockets. I know it’s only been a month, but I sure hope we get some real, solid wins

No comments: