Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Daedalus Project - The Psychology of MMORGS

According to this (apparently scientific) survey, I'm not very interested in the Advancement or Mechanic aspect of play; I'm slightly above average in my interest in Competition; I'm at the low level of average in my interest in the Social elements, including Teamwork and Relationship building; I did score highly on the Role-play, Discovery and Customize categories, and low on Escapism.

No surprises here. Considering that I come from a storytelling based table top rpg, and that I don't use gaming to escape from my problems, it all lines up.

My lowest score was in the Mechanics category. I was around the 10th percentile there. This causes a dilemma, when combined with my high Discover score. I want to see the end game, fun stuff content, but to do that, you have to have a character that can hold his own. To do that, you need to know how the mechanics of the game work, and WoW game mechanics are fairly complicated.

No comments: