Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sea Gals and other football talk.

Trina is my favorite Sea Gal. Shelly is my second favorite. Their hair has a lot to do with it. From the stands, especially on the 3rd deck where I sit, it's hard to tell the girls apart. Trina and Shelly have big hair which makes them easier to identify from far away. Plus they really are cute and good dancers.

I've noticed that the Sea Gals have four squads, and each starts in a different corner of the stadium. Every quarter, they rotate. This way, every group is in every corner for every game. I plan on finding a different favorite for each group.

This is just one advantage to being a season ticket holder. I have time to notice these things.

Of course, there's the usual stuff: I can finally figure out when the defense is in a nickle formation, I'm learning who is who, I can form actual opinions on calls from the officials. I'm really trying to be the ultimate football uber-geek. I'm not there yet, but I aspire...

I plan on getting a radio head set so I can listen to the play by play while watching the game. I already have binoculars and a program.

I was a little disappointed last night that Peter Warrick didn't get much playing time. We only saw him a few times on Special Teams, and not at all as an actual receiver. I suppose it takes more than two days to learn the play-book. It also makes sense that Holmgren would give the WR's on the bubble more playing time, to figure out who stays and who gets sent to the practice squad today.

I would be shocked if Jerheme Urban made the team. He had some good catches, but he also had baubles and some drops. I would have predicted Jerome Pathon to make the team, but he actually ducked under a pass at yesterday's game. He turned kind of late, and the ball was aimed at his head. It's a natural reaction, but really, WR's are supposed to catch those. Taco Wallace and D.J. Hackett are the others on the cusp, and none are really better than the others. Holmgren may as well pick the one with the best personality. I'm assuming that Joe Jerevicious will make the team. Of the non-locks, he has the best position based on experience and general skill and personality.

No comments: