Friday, September 30, 2005

Ninjas and New Avengers

I hate comic book ninjas. I'm pretty much burned out on ninjas altogether.

Suddenly, my affection for New Avengers is in jeopardy with this latest issue.

A ninja is supposed to be a bad-ass stealthy assasin, but Marvel uses them like agile shuriken wielding zombies. Where do these new ninjas come from? Wolverine himself must kill a dozen per week. Why do they attack in mass so often when they're supposed to be stealth based assasins?

Don't answer, I don't really care. The Ronin character is okay so far, but Hand ninjas make me weep with boredom. Now, if they swapped ninjas for robots or zombies, I'd think differently.

If they had a legion of more normal warrior guys, with a couple boss-type ninjas, I would like it better.

This is the same reason I was irritated with the beginning of Batman Begins. The ninja in comics idea is so very very played out, I can barely stand it.

I too am waiting for the team-action to get started. I'm really not looking forward to another arc of character introduction (especially a ninja based arc!).

No comments: