Thursday, October 09, 2008

New Toy

I believe in shopping locally. I want a neighborhood that I can walk around in, where I can get what I want from a real business with real employees and real inventory.

When I went shopping for my new iPod, I went directly to the Radio Shack that’s just a few blocks from my home. Yes, I could have gone near where I work and had a bigger selection; I could have purchased online and had it engraved.

The only color they had in stock was pink. This would not have been my first choice, but it really looks pretty nifty. I’m happy that it’s a sharp, almost metallic pink, rather than cutesy Hello Kitty pink.

While I’m sure the 8 MG Nano isn’t special for earlier adopters, I’m very pleased with my new toy. Not only does it download and display album covers, it lets me load and display my own photos, which makes them digital wallet sizes. While I don’t need to have piles of pics there, I enjoy having my favorites at hand.

No comments: