Sunday, June 15, 2008

Marathon?

We've caught some good weather this weekend, and I had a delightful 'long run' of nine miles. My pace was 8 minute 40 sec/mile which is most reasonable for that distance. I usually hover around eight minute miles, and I should go a little slower on those long runs.

Since March, I've been working my way through a training schedule. It increases my weekly mileage gradually, and builds in lighter weeks. Overall, I've responded really well to this sort of regimented schedule. In the past, I haven't had much of plan, aside from increasing my distance and time gradually (or not, depending on my mood).

I pulled up the next phase of the training schedule, the one that takes me from 'long runs' of 10 miles up to a full marathon, and compared it to a calendar. It synchs up nicely with the Seattle marathon in November. I'm afraid to commit to anything, I'm afraid to actually say, "I'm training for a marathon." Instead, I'm going to keep plugging away at my schedule, and see where I am at the end of the summer.

I'm basing my training on the information at marathontraining.com

No comments: