Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Guy Game banned, goes straight to video

Short version: this crappy game that sold crap turned out to have a 17 year old girl in one of its 'Girls Gone Wild' esque shots. Game is banned, not sold and quickly becoming a collectors item.

It's still a crappy game! Don't get suckered into buying this thing!

Don't get me wrong, I love lowbrow entertainment. I love video games, I love seeing girls topless and all that fun stuff. I hate bad art, and just because it's lowbrow doesn't make it bad.

Something similar happened to the fighting game "Kakuto Chojin." It wasn't very good, it was pulled from shelves for its use of a Muslim prayer chant (might have been Hindu, my apologies for lack of detail) in its musical score; the game sold amazingly on the collectors market. And yet, it's still a crappy game.

No comments: