Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Live in Color

The beer is Fat Tire Amber. Since it's my birthday this week, I splurged a bit and now I have some Rogue Ale in the fridge for later. I finished a bottle of Elijah Craig last night and picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare. Again, it's a bit of a splurge.

Earlier this month, I went to Mark Siano's Soft Rock Explosion and had a near religious moment of clarity: I needed to start living bigger. Soft Rock from the 1980's is Big, no, not big like the Beatles were big: the themes were big, the music sounded big, the voices were big. Soft Rock fills you up. I want to live more like that.

So, I wore a tie to work. That felt pretty good, so I kept wearing them. Since then, I've worn a tie every day. Children's dress policy is "business casual," in a west coast sense. It's more casual than business, for the most part. Middle to senior management wear ties, as do a few others, so I'm not alone. I am, however, definitely in the minority.

Coincidentally, World of Warcraft lots its luster for me. I quit playing, and eventually cancelled my account. That felt pretty good too. Ironically, Nora and I met up with some of our guild mates for the first time on Monday. They're nice folks, and there was some attempt to persuade me back. While that may have worked a few months ago, I wasn't swayed.

I really want to keep going out. I want to do fun, new things. I want to drink good booze, talk to fun and smart people. I want to keep living in color.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: