Monday, February 21, 2005

XBox games

The latest Gameinformer arrived a few days ago, and I found a game or two to watch out for:

Fight Night: Round 2 - I think I'll rent the first one first. Both have received rave reviews, and I enjoy a good boxing game every once in awhile. I already have Rocky, but this franchise is supposed to have revolutionized the boxing genre.

Baseball - I still can't get excited about a baseball video game. I'm not sure why, it just doesn't intrigue me. I think baseball is do large of a game. The games are long, the season is long, the rosters are huge... I can't find anything to lock on to. I like going to Mariners games as much as the next guy, but that doesn't make me want to start my own franchise.

Star Wars: Republic Commando - good review, looks fun. When the price comes down, and when I'm in the mood for squad based Star Wars, I'll come looking.

Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics - this is the game that motivated this whole post. There are precious few strategy games for X-Box, and this one received a good review, and has a $20 sticker price. This is on my short list. I really like the sleeper games. Star Wars and Halo and Tom Clancy and NFL games are great, but a little originality can be a wonderful thing. I wonder if the Dai Senryaku I - VI were any good.

Arx Fatalis - I ran across this title on the gamespot web site. This role player slid under the radar but looks quite good. It's a first person RPG in the Morrowind tradition. It's described as original and memorable. Yep, I've added this one to my short list. I'll probably have to go online for it; I don't think I've even seen it for sale locally. Of course, it was so far under my radar, I wouldn't have looked twice if I had seen it.

No comments: