Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snow and Wii in Seattle

For the most part, discussing Seattle's series of snow storms has started to bore me to death, so I won't go in to much detail here.

I'm cat sitting for a few days, and this has given me a mission every day.  Rather than sitting here and going stir crazy, I've put on my snow boots and jogged the 2.8 miles up to my friend's house, fed his cat, played his Wii and then jogged home.  It's been a nifty work-out.  Since I'm not 'in training' for any big upcoming events, I don't mind the variety.

Yesterday I played some Rock-Band.  I particularly focused on the drums, and now I understand a little better what it takes to be a talented drummer.  It is very rewarding to play drums for the Rolling Stones.  Another benefit of the game is that you learn the songs in a way that non-musicians rarely manage.  I'm familiar with some of the transitions to Gimme Shelter now!

Today, I focused on Resident Evil 4.  Like Rock Band, I'd never played any of the franchise before, let alone on the Wii.  It was definitely a rewarding experience.  Like before, the learning curve was notable.

I had been under the opinion that the Hi-Def TV should come before the next gen game system on our luxury purchases.  That may be true, but having just played the Wii on a normal TV, I'm not sure.  More reflection is required.

No comments: