Friday, November 28, 2008

Marathon Prep

I picked up my chip and whatnot today. The marathon is Sunday. I'll send brief twitters along the way, specifically at the start, mid-point and 18 mile mark. My username is modernkutuzov

I need to remember all the important things:

band-aides on nipples
Buckaroo Banzai hat
special socks
running shoes
utility belt
bottle with 1/3 Powerade, 2/3 water
ID
House key
cel phone (charged)
iPod (charged)
earphones
iPod armband
boxer-briefs
non-bunching running shorts
long sleeved, synthetic running shirt
cash (enough for cab fare home)
the chip
stocking hat (for before and after, weather dependant)
sweatshirt (ditto)
the bag to put those in
watch

The itinerary there follows:
Walk 0.2 mile SW from S SPOKANE ST to
Depart Rainier Ave S & 33rd Ave S At 06:54 AM On Route MT 7 Downtown Seattle
Arrive Rainier Ave S & S Walker St At 06:58 AM
Transfer to
Depart Rainier Ave S & S Walker St At 07:08 AM On Route MT 4 Downtown Seattle
Arrive 5th Ave N & Republican St At 07:38 AM
Walk 0.1 mile S to MEMORIAL STADIUM

The race starts at 8:15 a.m.

My first goal is to finish
second goal is to finish in less than four hours
third goal is to finish under 3:41

My training pace has been right around eight minute miles, creeping up to 8 1/2 and over for long runs of 10 miles or more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

May the Force be with you...