Friday, May 11, 2007

Autopsy

So, um, today. At work. I saw an autopsy.

It was a very strange experience that I'm still kind of processing. It wasn't anyone I knew; I was there to observe the process (it should take 30 days to get all the finalized reports out after an autopsy, including lab results and whatnot; it takes us around 90 days. We're in the early assessment for how to put together a workshop to reduce that time).

At first it was very intense, and I couldn't watch any of the actual... goings on. Then I saw an log of autopsies performed this year and saw that a patient I knew back when I worked in the Pulmonary clinic nearly 3 years ago had been there; that was at least as intense as what was going on a few feet away.

I think maybe I'll have a drink now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

after you see fat inside of a human, up close and personal, and how much larger and icky-yellow-gooey the cells are than what most meat-eaters see when they're slicing chicken, you immediately want to start working out a whole bunch more. :) would be good for all homo sapiens to see what you did, i think.