Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dogs

My mother recently got a 10 month old yorkshire terrier. Abby (the dog) isn't a minitature, mind you. This dog is 10 pounds small, not the ridiculously fragile 2 - 3 pound kinds that kinda creeps me out.

I've always been fond of terriers, probably because my childhood dog was a mongrel terrier thing; there's something about that active minds, reasonable size and general attentiveness to the world that draws me in. Although Yorkies are technically toys (accoring to Wikipedia), they behave very much as terriers.

Abby definitely still behaves like a puppy, but doesn't have any of the yappiness commonly found in small dogs, she's small enough to be easily picked up when needed, but active enough to take care of herself. All in all, it's a good combination that I think would work well in the city.

Anyway, it makes me want one. With two cats, a small house and no yard, the time isn't right, but maybe in a few years.

No comments: