Friday, January 20, 2006

Limits of Constitution

I've discovered that a few months of continuous stress (work related, combined with holidays, combined with a few other things), plus screaming my lungs out as the Seahawks won their first playoff game in two decades, plus travel, plus drinking at game and while travelling, equals waking up with a 101 degree fever on Wednesday.

I didn't mind taking the eight count, and hanging around for a day with a fever is a little novel in my life. The fever broke during the night, so I returned to work on Thursday.

That doesn't mean I'm well, of course. I have throat / chest congestion, and all the herbal tea I've been drinking has given me heart burn.

I will likely chance an alcoholic beverage tonight, since it is Friday. As soon as I felt it creeping up on Tuesday, I've abstained completely from alcohol, and I'm a person who likes something tasty with dinner, and often after dinner.

I actually had a small fever of 98.7 this morning. Believe it or not, that counts, since I tend to run in the 97 range. Work is at a point where I really need to be there, so I went. If it had been a different circumstance, I would have begged off. Over the next two months, however, 98.7 will not be sufficient.

No comments: