Friday, October 21, 2005

Good news and bad news.

According to The Statesman Examiner, Colville Washington's last bookstore has been evicted from its current location. The article doesn't give reasons behind the eviction and didn't reference an attempt by the reporter to discover those reasons, but there's no reason to think the business itself is in financial jeopardy.

While this comes at a very bad time, this could give Coffee and Books the impetus to fill the gap left when the Book Depot closed earlier this year. I rarely visit my home town, and didn't even know Coffee and Books existed; if they manage to find their own storefront this should increase their visibility, and hopefully generate more business. I would buy a book or two whenever I was in town.

I'll bet Walmart is still doing fabulous business. I wonder what their book sales are like.

In other news, The Statesman Examiner reports that Colville's hospital, Mount Carmel, is somewhat on the technological cutting edge. Good for them. It's hard enough to stay up with current trends in medical technology at the large hospital where I work. I can only imagine how Mount Carmel handles it without the benefit of an IT department.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.